This might be the Worst Tetris Game Ever, but it makes for one great lap blanket. 😉
The pattern is extremely detailed with instructions both written out and charted for each Tetris piece (Tetromino), the entire background, and the border pieces, too. There are also photos and instructions included for piecing everything together.
This blanket requires 182 yards of worsted or aran weight yarn per color used, as follows:
1. Red (light & dark) – i.e. 182 yards of red OR 120 yards main red, 62 yards contrast red. (The contrasting colors are totally optional if you aren’t comfortable with colorwork.)
2. Yellow (light & dark)
3. Orange (light & dark)
4. Green (light & dark)
5. Purple (light & dark)
6. Pink (light & dark)
7. Blue (light & dark)
8. Black – For background pieces.
9. Grey (light & dark) – For edges.
You will also need a tapestry needle.
An adventurous beginner should be able to make this. All that is required is casting on, knitting, purling, binding off, and sewing seams.
- Suggested yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Solids; Garnstudio DROPS Loves You 5
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US 7 – 4.5 mm
- Yardage: 1650 – 1700 yards (1509 – 1554 m)