Knit up this wheat-like pattern on these mitts in a similar shade of blue to quadrotriticale, the only Earth grain able to grow on Sherman’s Planet in “The Trouble with Tribbles” from Star Trek: The Original Series. You might just attract some adorably fluffy tribbles, though at least you don’t have to worry about them nibbling on the wool! 🙂
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round and is comfortable making a gusset for the thumb.
These mitts take just under 2 skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer.
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult woman’s hands) – however, instructions are given for adjusting the width further.
- Suggested yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 38 rows = 10 cm in Arrow lace
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 154 – 164 yards (141 – 150 m)