Lacy, cute, and with a beautiful flowery design, these fingerless mitts work up in no time. They’d make a great gift!
This pattern is written two ways: for a knitter who is comfortable knitting in the round and switching to rows for a thumb hole, and for a knitter who is comfortable knitting flat and seaming up one side.
These mitts take around 2/5 of a skein of Stylecraft Special Double Knit. However, you can use any DK weight yarn you prefer.
The pattern as written provides for one length and width, but instructions are given for further adjusting the width. The stitch pattern used is charted for rounds and for rows.
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Double Knit
- Yarn weight: DK / 8 ply (11 wpi)
- Gauge: 28 stitches and 38 rows = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US 4 – 3.5 mm
- Yardage: 122 – 131 yards (112 – 120 m)