The textured makeshift rib stitch makes for a striking fabric which flatters everyone. You can make a pair in a few hours for the perfect emergency gift, but the ribbing makes these so wonderfully squishy that you may want to keep them to yourself! They look stunning in solid, tonal, or variegated yarn.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round and is comfortable making a gusset for the thumb.
These mitts take around 1 1/2 skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer.
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult woman’s hands) – however, the mitts are somewhat stretchy, and instructions are also given for adjusting the width.
- Suggested yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 28 rows = 10 cm in makeshift rib stitch
- Needle size: US 7 – 4.5 mm
- Yardage: 124 – 164 yards (113 – 150 m)