A knitting pattern for fingerless mitts with a lace thorns design and optional sew-on knitted roses.
Adorn your hands with thorns that don’t sting and roses that will never wilt. Optionally, leave the roses off or make them in the same colour if you prefer a subtler mitt.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round and is comfortable making a gusset for the thumb.
These mitts take around 1 1/2 skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn in the main colour and 1/5 of a skein of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn in the contrast colour to make. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer.
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult’s hands) – however, the mitts are somewhat stretchy, and instructions are also given for adjusting the width.
- Suggested yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 19 stitches and 25 rows = 10 cm in Stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US 7 – 4.5 mm
- Yardage: 127 – 139 yards (116 – 127 m)