A fingerless mitts pattern with a staggered rib design.
Add a little interest to ordinary ribbed fingerless gloves with this textured stitch pattern. It’s still simple enough for an advanced beginner to follow – just knits, purls, and making 1 left/right are needed.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round and making a gusset for the thumb.
These mitts take around 1 1/2 skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn to make. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer. You’ll need the rest of the second skein to make a swatch/tension square, so it won’t go to waste. 😉
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult’s hands) – however, the mitts are somewhat stretchy, and instructions are also given for adjusting the width.
- Suggested yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 19 stitches and 25 rows = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US 7 – 4.5 mm
- Yardage: 115 – 164 yards (105 – 150 m)