These lacy mitts feature an easily memorised stitch pattern that will keep you saying “just one more round”… they’re irresistible! They knit up so quickly, you’ll be able to wear them after only a few hours of work.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round, and is comfortable switching to rows to allow for a thumb gap.
These mitts take around 1 1/3 skeins of Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino yarn to make. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer. You’ll need the rest of the second skein to make a swatch/tension square, so it won’t go to waste. 😉
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult woman’s hands) – however, the mitts are somewhat stretchy, and instructions are also given for adjusting the width.
- Suggested yarn: Garnstudio DROPS Big Merino
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 19 stitches and 25 rows = 10 cm in stockinette stitch
- Needle size: US 7 – 4.5 mm
- Yardage: 164 yards (150 m)