A knitting pattern featuring a simple textured stitch.
You only need to know how to knit, purl, cast on, and bind off to make these textured fingerless mitts. The best part? You can complete them in a weekend for almost instant gratification!
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round, and is comfortable switching to rows to allow for a thumb gap.
These mitts take around 1/2 skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn to make. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer.
The pattern as written provides for one size only (it should fit an average adult’s hands) – however, the mitts are somewhat stretchy, and instructions are also given for adjusting the width.
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 18 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm in Hurdle Stitch
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 111 yards (101 m)