A fingerless mitts pattern with a lacy floral stitch and chunky moss stitch accents.
Flowers stand straight in columns, surrounded by moss on these fingerless mitts. The American moss stitch panel is expandable to any desired width, so no matter the size of your hands, they’ll always look lovely.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round, and is comfortable working a gusset to allow room for the thumb. The main stitch is both charted and written out.
These mitts take less than one skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer, but I love Stylecraft’s range of colors.
Instructions are given for adjusting the width of these mitts to any size, but the pattern as written provides for one size only.
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 18 stitches and 24 rows = 10 cm in American Moss stitch
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 150 – 214 yards (137 – 196 m)