Rows of sweetcorn stand on these mitts, looking cute while keeping your hands and wrists warm. Try these in a variegated yarn – one with reds, purples, and yellows would certainly remind you of maize!
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round, and is comfortable working a gusset to allow room for the thumb. The main stitch is both charted and written out.
These mitts take less than one skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer, but I love Stylecraft’s range of colors.
A range of sizes is provided in the instructions which you can mix and match to your liking; you can further customise the mitts by adding extra repeats at the start (for length), or adding/subtracting six stitches at a time (for width).
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 27 stitches and 30 rows = 10 cm in Ears of Corn Stitch
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 100 – 180 yards (91 – 165 m)