The dragon scales on these gauntlets will protect your hands from the elements – but maybe don’t test them against real fire! By keeping your fingers free, they ensure you’ll never lose your grip on your sword in the heat of battle.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round, and is comfortable switching to rows to make a thumb hole. The main stitch is both charted and written out.
These mitts take less than one skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer, but I love Stylecraft’s range of colors.
Only one size is provided in the instructions: they should fit anyone from a teen (with a slouchy fit) to an adult man (with a closer fit).
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 23 stitches and 32 rows = 10 cm in Dragon Skin Stitch
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 128 yards (117 m)