A fingerless mitts knitting pattern with a basket cable design.
A basket cable and stockinette panel enclose your hands and keep them warm in these fingerless mitts.
This pattern is for a knitter who enjoys knitting in the round and is comfortable making cables. There is also a simple gusset for the thumb.
These mitts take less than one skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer, but I love Stylecraft’s range of colors.
Instructions for three sizes are provided: small (for a young teen’s or smaller woman’s hands), medium (for an average woman’s hands), and large (for a larger woman’s or average man’s hands).
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 20 stitches and 18 rows = 5 cm in Basket Cable Stitch
- Needle size: US 5 – 3.75 mm
- Yardage: 133 – 167 yards (122 – 153 m)