A fingerless mitts knitting pattern with a chevron design.
Up and down, the strong apex and nadir points of these mitts make for a lovely texture that will keep your hands warm.
There’s no gusset shaping for the thumb; these are simple fingerless gloves for the adventurous beginner, or an advanced knitter who wants some easy “TV knitting” 🙂
These fun fingerless gloves are quick to work up, taking less than one skein of Stylecraft Special Aran yarn. You can use any worsted or aran weight yarn you prefer, but I love Stylecraft’s range of colors.
Can easily be sized up or down by using larger or smaller needles – the pattern provided easily fits most adult hands (any gender): using larger needles will produce a slouchier fit; smaller needles, a tighter mitt.
- Suggested yarn: Stylecraft Special Aran
- Yarn weight: Aran / 10 ply (8 wpi)
- Gauge: 10 stitches and 8 rows = 5 cm in Apex & Nadir Stitch
- Needle size: US 4 – 3.5 mm
- Yardage: 155 yards (142 m)